Who is it for?
Health professionals including: GPs, health advocates, health visitors, occupational therapists, consultants, midwives, etc.
What is it about?
The course provides a brief introduction to the key issues related to the Roma community and it will explain how you can apply this knowledge in achieving a successful patient-practitioner relationship. The course will also cover health taboos and customs as well as the barriers that the Roma face in accessing health services.
Trainers will use power point presentation, visual materials and facilitate case studies discussions. Each trainee will receive a copy of the training presentation and relevant hand-outs for future reference.
What will you get out of it?
- Gain knowledge of the Roma community including their origins, brief history, history of Roma communities’ arrivals in the UK, cultural customs and taboos
- Raised awareness about Roma community’s health needs
- Understanding of health taboos and culturally sensitive issues
- Understanding of barriers that Roma face in accessing health services and how to overcome them
- Learn about RSG’s projects and successful models of engagement with the Roma community
“I thought the training was superb. It met my expectations by a mile and was illuminating and really enthused me to get engaged for the benefit of all my patients, to improve access, deliver real equity of service provision. I also left the training wanting to be even more proactive in working with other agencies…”
– Practice and Business Manager, The Kings Family Practice, Kent
For enquiries, please email: email@example.com or call:
Gaba Smolinska-Poffley: 020 7511 8245 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday)
Mobile: 07949 089 778