We currently have a number of vacancies for volunteer work. Details follow below.
- Roma Aspiration Project Volunteer – This volunteer will support every-day running of the project including one-to-one education advocacy, outreach work and a programme of after-school activities involving karate, dance, music classes, home tutorials and homework club. The Roma Aspiration Project aims to increase life aspirations of Roma children and young people; enhance their confidence and increase their health awareness and well-being. Further details (Word document): Volunteer Application – Roma Aspiration Project
- Roma Oral History Project Volunteers – We are looking for a number of volunteers to help in this role. They will support the Roma Oral History Researchers in recording and archiving Roma people’s oral histories, co-organising educational workshops, creating educational materials based on recorded oral histories and promoting the project and its aims. Volunteers may support delivery of a chosen aspect of the project or they may get involved in all stages of the project (2 years) depending on their skills and interests (please see the Volunteer Application for further details). Extensive training will be provided for all volunteers. Volunteering with us is a great chance for you to get experience, references and training opportunities, as well as gain an insight into Roma history and culture. If interested, please email email@example.com. WHO TO CONTACT: Tania Gessi, Roma Oral History Project Coordinator, mobile: 07905 859012 – Further details (Word document): Volunteer Application – Oral History Volunteers
- Research / Marketing – We are looking for a volunteer who would be able to commit for minimum of three months. If you think you might be able to help us with the following tasks, we would like to hear from you:
- research, promotion and marketing of our training programmes
- editing of publicity materials
- designing on-line publicity materials
- research on relevant EU policy developments, recent research and publications regarding Roma.
We will provide support and guidance and cover travel costs within greater London area. Some of the above tasks may be done from home. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mental Health Advocacy Project Volunteer – This volunteer will help to improve access to mental health services and understanding of mental health issues amongst Roma community members. As a volunteer, you would assist in delivering one-to-one advocacy sessions and peer support group meetings. The project is particularly in need of interpreting support, and speakers of Polish, Slovak, Romanian and Romanes are particularly encouraged to apply.If interested, please email email@example.com. – Further details (Word document): Volunteer Application – Mental Health Project
- Roma Advocacy Project Volunteer – This volunteer will support every-day running of the project including 1-2-1 advocacy sessions, workshops and Forum theatre. The project aims to reduce social exclusion of Roma refugees and migrants by empowering them to bring about change in their communities.
Volunteering with us is a great chance for you to get experience, references and training opportunities, as well as gain an insight into Roma culture and meet new friends. – Volunteer Application – Roma Advocacy Project Volunteer
- Policy & Information Volunteer – This volunteer will help us to ensure that the RSG policy positions are effectively communicated to government, LAs, European Commission, the media and other key stakeholders. – Volunteer Application – Policy & Information
Other Areas to Get Involved
We are a young and expanding organisation, whose range of activities relies upon the input of individual volunteers. In general we need volunteers who could help with:
- general and health advice & advocacy
- art activities for children and young people
- sport activities for children and young people
- education and mentoring for children and young people
- administration support
- research and policy work
- website, social media and IT support
- help with fundraising
Volunteering with the Roma Support Group is a great chance for you to get work experience, references and in-house and other training opportunities, as well as meeting new friends and gain an insight into Roma culture.
The RSG has developed a volunteer training programme for each service area and implements a Volunteer Policy in line with good practice guidelines.
The organisation has been able to achieve much more than its resources would allow thanks to the hard work of our volunteers. We would like to thank all present and past volunteers who have contributed greatly to our work.