- The Roma Support Group is looking for a volunteer who would be able to commit for minimum of three months. If you think you might be able to help us with the following tasks, we would like to hear from you:
- research, promotion and marketing of our training programmes
- editing of publicity materials
- designing on-line publicity materials
- research on relevant EU policy developments, recent research and publications regarding Roma.
We will provide support and guidance and cover travel costs within greater London area. Some of the above tasks may be done from home. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Roma Support Group is currently looking for a Mental Health Advocacy Project Volunteer, who will help to improve access to mental health services and understanding of mental health issues amongst Roma community members. As a volunteer, you would assist in delivering one-to-one advocacy sessions and peer support group meetings. The project is particularly in need of interpreting support, and speakers of Polish, Slovak, Romanian and Romanes are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Roma Support Group is currently looking for a Roma Advocacy Project Volunteer, who will support every-day running of the project including 1-2-1 advocacy sessions, workshops and Forum theatre. The project aims to reduce social exclusion of Roma refugees and migrants by empowering them to bring about change in their communities.
Volunteering with us is a great chance for you to get experience, references and training opportunities, as well as gain an insight into Roma culture and meet new friends. – Volunteer Application – Roma Advocacy Project Volunteer
- The RSG is looking for a Policy & Information Volunteer, who will help us to ensure that the RSG policy positions are effectively communicated to government, LAs, European Commission, the media and other key stakeholders. – Volunteer Application – Policy & Information
Other Areas to Get Involved
We are a young and expanding organisation, whose range of activities relies upon the input of individual volunteers. In general we need volunteers who could help with:
- general and health advice & advocacy
- art activities for children and young people
- sport activities for children and young people
- education and mentoring for children and young people
- administration support
- research and policy work
- website, social media and IT support
- help with fundraising
Volunteering with the Roma Support Group is a great chance for you to get work experience, references and in-house and other training opportunities, as well as meeting new friends and gain an insight into Roma culture.
The RSG has developed a volunteer training programme for each service area and implements a Volunteer Policy in line with good practice guidelines.
The organisation has been able to achieve much more than its resources would allow thanks to the hard work of our volunteers. We would like to thank all present and past volunteers who have contributed greatly to our work.